Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Vision


My Vision in life and for my development plans in Sierra Leone are quickly becoming a reality as I see the goals I have written down on paper and dreamed about over the past months and years that are now real projects and accomplishments.

 The vision for my life has been a real change in the past two years marked with big milestones of things I have done, for example, Committing my Life to Christ and getting Baptized, losing eighty five pounds, running a Marathon, Graduating from OSU at the same time as my big Sister ;-) (I hope you’re reading this Sister!) And moving to Sierra Leone to start and maintain Agribusinesses focusing on pineapple, poultry and vegetable production. And like my goals that have come and gone I am now seeing my new goals coming to life and into production. By the end of the week we will have 80,000 pineapple plants in the ground and 100 chickens in our chicken coop at Newsteps. We also have about an acre of vegetables growing like corn, beans, okra, sweet potatoes and ground nuts that are all doing very well and I enjoy checking on them every day to see how much they are growing.  

I have been thinking about my vision in life a lot since I made it here nearly two months ago now and how much I have been able to accomplish and my goals to accomplish more in the future. Today at church the message from Reverend Hassan was about visionary and stationary minds and the differences between the two. They just finished a bible study about Nehemiah and his vision for Jerusalem so it made me think of Nehemiah while he was preaching on the subject and about what a Visionary Nehemiah was. I think I too am a visionary not to compare myself to Nehemiah though! But I have a vision and each day I live a little bit more of it and I hope that I am able to change and make lives better for people less fortunate than I.

Oxford is heading too college next Sunday and I am going to drive him out to Njalla and help him take his belongings out there. After Church we were sharing a bowl of Black eyed beans and rice talking about the future and how things are going to change when he moves there and I said “I am sure you are going to miss being here every Sunday [at Wellington] and getting to see all the boys and girls in the orphanage” Oxford is the most popular guy on the block there. And he said “I think life is a lot like water…water that isn't moving or going forward will turn stagnant and spoil, well think about water that is moving quickly through a stream, it usually isn't stagnant or spoiled, I think life’s the same way, yea Ill miss everyone here but God has given me the opportunity to move forward so I am going to”. I wish this man the best and I will do everything in my ability to help him earn a degree in Agriculture Economics  and to be successful with IAC as my operations manager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment